"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"
Chico Marx (Duck Soup)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

We Heart Books


The blog I love to follow, especially in regard to the focus of my project, is We Heart Books. The blog is run by two Melbourne women who have had publishing industry experience, but now after children, have decided to focus on highlighting children's literature, especially classic and international illustrated books.

Their blog site also cleverly sits side by side with an online store, that features specialty illustrated books and soft toys. Which to my mind is very, very smart.

What I really like about their site, is not only their enthusiasm and openness, but also the fact that they provide easy-digestible inspiration to others with their passion for quality children's literature and illustrated books.

I look forward also to learning and harnessing some of their ideas on their blog into our bookshop reviews project. I'm going to be handling or developing the kids or children's side of bookshops and literature. I guess at this stage I'll definitely be including dedicated children's bookshops around Melbourne. Would also like to include some interviews with their owners: such as Desert Island books type of short interview material, e.g. What favourite book would you take with you to a deserted island type of question. Anyway, just some initial ideas at the moment. Will develop and keep this blog abreast of developments. Team bookshop (e.g. university colleagues) seem very committed and easy to work with...all good thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment