"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"
Chico Marx (Duck Soup)

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A good reason for following your favourite blog...


Well I never thought it would happen to me. I have to say that after this experience I'm a committed blogster.

Received an email this week alerting me to the fact that I'd just won the award (a new prize winning illustrated children's book) for leaving a comment on my favourite blog at We Heart Books. I couldn't believe it, really stoked. It looks like a beautifully illustrated book by Taeeun Yoo, and I know my daughter will love it - what with young witches, flying brooms, black cats...perrrrfect. I know that for the next week or so I'll be checking my letterbox every moment just like a lovesick sad case.

The illustrator Taeeun writes a fascinating blog, or rather illustrates it with sketchbook drawings, like the following.


However, my favourite (and it's currently adorning my screen saver) is this one. Find the Red book.






No comments:

Post a Comment