"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"
Chico Marx (Duck Soup)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Interviews with children's bookshop owners


Very happy today, as I finally received back some answers from an interview I sent to several children's bookshop owner's from around my area in Yarraville and Williamstown (inner western suburbs of Melbourne).

The only one to respond (it's a start I know) is Dharma from JP Junior Everlasting Books on Somerville Road Yarraville - featured in my second assignment article and online piece. Plan to make this into an upcoming post on Open Book in the Kids section.

Getting information and interview material from busy bookshop owners is tough!! Learning that you have to create and maintain a relationship with the prospective owner, and give them something in return, not just take as it were.

Anyway, lots of fun, and quietly chuffed. The picture of Captain Pugwash refers to Dharma's love of this book...you'll have to wait and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment