"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"
Chico Marx (Duck Soup)

Friday, May 21, 2010

Open Book Logo


Time to talk branding...logo wise.

Have been endlessly fiddling with the Open Book logo; and NO the above one is not the newest version, cute though it is. I tell you it's not easy. Illustrator and InDesign are great programs by Adobe, but trying to exactly come up with what you want to fit within the small, tiny framework allowable by Wordpress is to put it ever so gently - FRUSTRATING!

Wordpress is not an easy beast to wrestle with, at least the free version isn't. The themes are so not adaptable. But that I suppose is the price of admission.

Anyway, after trying to squeeze my logo designs into the banner header slot - oh my lordie. I swear steam jets were rising up out of my ears. I think I'll be working at this right up until our presentation in a few days. Mind you it's nice that my fellow bookshop crew are encouraging and allowing me to provide this. J has a friend who works professionally as a children's illustrator, however she's too busy to come up with something at the moment. A shame cause I'm sure her contribution would have been fabulous. Maybe we'll get her to do something at a later date - I do so love a good illustration.

Have a face-to-face meeting with several of my colleagues tomorrow arvo, which should consolidate our ideas for the presentation. Will check in with an update after meeting.

Here's another fabulous little picture book trailer. It's called - 'It's a Book'. Very apt for our class project I believe. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment